La Nueva Fábrica is temporarily closed for the installation of our upcoming exhibition
Please join us at La Nueva Fábrica for the inauguration on February 4th at 5pm!
We are currently accepting proposals for íNTIMO, our project space at La Nueva Fábrica. Click here to apply.
What is íNTIMO?
ÍNTIMO is a project space at La Nueva Fábrica that provides a platform for artists to express and explore their most urgent concerns, curiosities and sensations of the moment. From the Latin Intimus, it refers to the abstract zone that is reserved for closeness. Although intimacy does not have precise limits, it is in it where the most raw and vulnerable feelings and acts are greased.
Why did we create íNTIMO?
Our goal with ÍNTIMO is to provide a more personal gallery for the uncensored expression of those issues that motivate, move and infect our consciousness and daily life at this time. A complement to our larger galleries with exhibits that rotate 1-2 times per year, INTIMATE is a smaller, more flexible space that can change overnight to meet the needs of the moment.
How does íNTIMO work?
● ÍNTIMO is a space for projects and exhibitions, not an artistic residency.
● We offer an honorarium for materials and production, which we detail in the event that your proposal is selected.
● La Nueva Fábrica is part of New Roots Foundation, a non-profit organization. It is not a commercial gallery and therefore we do not sell works of art.
In the event that your application is selected:
● You will be responsible for the installation and deinstallation of your artwork.
● You will be responsible for the care of your artwork during the course of the exhibition, for which we suggest regular visits to the space, particularly if the work requires maintenance.
● You will bring all the necessary supplementary equipment for your exhibition, including screens, projectors, pedestals, etc. In the event that you do not have the necessary equipment, we will do our best to help you locate it, or if we have such equipment available, lend it to you.
● You agree to return the gallery to the same condition in which you found it. If you damage the space, you will be responsible for patching up the walls and/or doing other necessary repairs.
● To make the most of the space, we suggest that you organize at least one activity for the public during your exhibition, be it a talk (virtual or face-to-face), discussion, guided tour, etc.
● We accept proposals for artistic interventions in the lobby and garden of La Nueva Fábrica.
● Although we offer support in sharing your exhibition and artwork on our social media platforms, we encourage you to take an active part in the promotion of your project.
How do you know if you qualify for íNTIMO?
● You are 18 years of age or older and are capable of coordinating and setting up your exhibition/project without LNF resources and/or staff support.
● You are an individual artist or you belong to an artistic duo or collective. We accept applications in all media.
● You are located in Guatemala, regardless of nationality.
● We do not discriminate based on age, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, color, race, disability or sexual orientation. Everyone is welcome to apply.
To apply to ÍNTIMO, you must fill out this form.
The application will be evaluated by the team at La Nueva Fábrica. You will receive an email within one month if your proposal has been accepted.
We select artists based on the quality of the proposal, not based on CVs or previous experience as an artist. We encourage you to apply if you are an emerging artist.
Details about the gallery:
● The gallery is located in the lobby of La Nueva Fábrica
● The gallery measures 6.30 X 4.10 meters, with a ceiling height of 2.95 meters
● Features adjustable track lights hanging from the ceiling
● There are 2 110v outlets
● The walls are plasterboard
● The ceiling is made of plywood, and therefore cannot resist the weight of suspended works, unless they are made of light materials such as paper or thread.
● Proposals that cause permanent damage to the physical space, or that are too heavy for the walls or ceiling will not be accepted.
● Proposals that include hazardous materials (chemicals, weapons, etc.) or live animals will not be accepted.
What happens if we accept your proposal?
● We will contact you to discuss your honorarium, installation/deinstallation dates, opening and closing dates, and any other logistics specific to your project. Exhibitions are typically displayed for 4-8 weeks.
● We will ask you to sign a contract with LNF that stipulates the conditions of use of the gallery.
● You will visit LNF at least once before the installation date to meet the team and the exhibition space. In the event that you are already familiar with the gallery or cannot travel to LNF before the assembly date, we will organize a virtual meeting prior to the date of the assembly.
● You will email an image and the name of your exhibition no later than 14 business days before the opening so that the LNF team can create and distribute invitations.
● You will deliver final museographic texts by email no later than 10 business days before the opening. The team at La Nueva Fábrica will help edit and format the final text, which will then be printed on a4 paper as a gallery printout.
● LNF may require changes to the exhibition design if the project does not meet installation requirements. This helps us guarantee the use of the gallery for future artists.
● We will work together to promote the opening event and activities during the course of your show on our social networks.
If you have any questions, you can write to us at email@example.com
To apply to ÍNTIMO, you must fill out this form.
Image and artwork by Alejandro Medina.